Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Introits, Collects, etc. 4th Sunday of Easter and the Week Following

The Fourth Sunday of Easter.

1st Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
116, 117

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
I am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the bright and morning Star: * I am the Key of David, Alleluia!

Matins
The Psalms Appointed
120, 121, & 122

The Readings
II Sam 12:15-23 & John 21:1-19

The Antiphon for the Benedictus
A little while, and ye shall not see me, saith the Lord: * and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father, Alleluia! Alleluia!

Holy Communion

The Introit Psalm 75. Confitebimur tibi.

UNTO thee, O God, do we give thanks; * yea, unto thee do we give thanks.
    2 Thy Name also is so nigh; * and that do thy wondrous works declare.
    3 In the appointed time, saith God, * I shall judge according unto right.
    4 The earth is weak, and all the inhabiters thereof: * I bear up the pillars of it.
    5 I said unto the fools, Deal not so madly; * and to the ungodly, Set not up your horn.
    6 Set not up your horn on high, * and speak not with a stiff neck.
    7 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, * nor yet from the south.
    8 And why? God is the Judge; * he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
    9 For in the hand of the L
ORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; * it is full mixt, and he poureth out of the same.
    10 As for the dregs thereof, * all the ungodly of the earth shall drink them, and suck them out.
    11 But I will talk of the God of Jacob, * and praise him for ever.
    12 All the horns of the ungodly also will I break, * and the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.

The Collect.

ALMIGHTY God, who showest to them that are in error the light of thy truth, to the intent that they may return into the way of righteousness; Grant unto all those who are admitted into the fellowship of Christ's Religion, that they may avoid those things that are contrary to their profession, and follow all such things as are agreeable to the same; through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

The Epistle. 1 St. Pet. ii. 11.

DEARLY beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation. Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: as free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God. Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

The Gradual Ps. 66:7&8

    Alleluia! Alleluia! O praise our God, ye peoples, * and make the voice of his praise to be heard; Alleluia!
    8 Who holdeth our soul in life; * and suffereth not our feet to slip. Alleluia!


The Gospel. St. John xvi. 16.

JESUS said to his disciples, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father. Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father? They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith. Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me? Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy. A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour it come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

2nd Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
123, 124, & 125

The Readings
Exo 14:5- 31 & Rom 6:1-18

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
What is this that he saith, A little while? Alleluia: * we cannot tell what he saith, alleluia.

Fourth Wednesday of Easter

Holy Communion

The Epistle  I John ii. 1-8.

Dearly beloved, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning. Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth. Through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The Gospel  John iii. 25-36.

At that time there arose a question between some of John’s disciples and the Jews about purifying. And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him. John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease. He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony. He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.


Fourth Friday of Easter

Holy Communion

The Epistle  I Thess. v. 5-11.

Brethren, ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Gospel  John xii. 46-50.


At that time said Jesus unto his disciples, I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment