Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Introits, Collects, etc Rogation Sunday and Three Days Following

The Sixth Sunday of Easter
Commonly Called Rogation Sunday

1st Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
129, 130, & 131

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
Great and Marvelous are thy works, O Lord God Almighty; * righteous and true are thy ways, thou King of ages. // Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy Name? * For thou only art holy: for all the nations shall come and worship before thee; * for thy judgements are manifest, Alleluia!

Matins
The Psalms Appointed
146 & 147

The Readings
Ezek 37:1-14 & Luke 24:36-49

The Antiphon for the Benedictus
Hitherto have ye asked nothing: * ask, and ye shall receive, Alleluia!

Holy Communion

The Introit Psalm 84. Quam dilecta!

O HOW amiable are thy dwellings, * thou LORD of hosts!
    2 My soul hath a desire and longing to enter into the courts of the L
ORD; * my heart and my flesh rejoice in the living God.
    3 Yea, the sparrow hath found her an house, and the swallow a nest, where she may lay her young; * even thy altars, O L
ORD of hosts, my King and my God.
    4 Blessed are they that dwell in thy house; * they will be alway praising thee.
    5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; * in whose heart are thy ways.
    6 Who going through the vale of misery use it for a well; * and the pools are filled with water.
    7 They will go from strength to strength, * and unto the God of gods appeareth every one of them in Sion.
    8 O L
ORD God of hosts, hear my prayer; * hearken, O God of Jacob.
    9 Behold, O God our defender, * and look upon the face of thine anointed.
    10 For one day in thy courts * is better than a thousand.
    11 I had rather be a door-keeper in the house of my God, * than to dwell in the tents of ungodliness.
    12 For the L
ORD God is a light and defence; * the LORD will give grace and worship; and no good thing shall he withhold from them that live a godly life.
    13 O L
ORD God of hosts, * blessed is the man that putteth his trust in thee.

The Collect.

OLORD, from whom all good things do come; Grant to us thy humble servants, that by thy holy inspiration we may think those things that are good, and by thy merciful guiding may perform the same; through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

The Epistle. St. James i. 22.

BE ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: for he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

The Gradual Ps 66:14-18

     Alleluia! Alleluia! O come hither, and hearken, all ye that fear God; * and I will tell you what he hath done for my soul.
    15 I called unto him with my mouth, * and gave him praises with my tongue.
    16 If I incline unto wickedness with mine heart, * the Lord will not hear me.
    17 But God hath heard me; * and considered the voice of my prayer.
    18 Praised be God, who hath not cast out my prayer, * nor turned his mercy from me.


The Gospel. St. John xvi. 23.

VERILY, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: for the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father. His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb. Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God. Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe? Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace In the world ye shall have tribulation but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

2nd Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
132, 133, & 134

The Readings
Job 14:1-15 & Matt 19:16-29

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
Ask ye, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be fulfilled: * for the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed, Alleluia!


Rogation Monday

Matins
The Psalms Appointed
65

The Readings
Deut 28:14 & Matt 6:24-34

Holy Communion

The Collect.

ALMIGHTY God, Lord of heaven and earth: We beseech thee to pour forth thy blessing upon this land, and to give us a fruitful season; that we, constantly receiving thy bounty, may evermore give thanks unto thee in thy holy Church; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Epistle. Ezekiel 34:25-31.

I WILL make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods. And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing. And the
tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them. And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen, neither shall the beast of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid. And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more. Thus shall they know that I the LORD their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are my people, saith the Lord GOD. And ye my flock, the flock of my pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord GOD. 44



The Gospel. St. Luke 11:5-13.

JESUS said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him? and he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee. I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many ,as he needed!. And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
67

The Readings
Duet 8 & James 1:1-17


Rogation Tuesday

Matins
The Psalms Appointed
104

The Readings
Isa 64 & Luke 11:1-13

Holy Communion

The Collect.

ALMIGHTY God, Lord of heaven and earth: We beseech thee to pour forth thy blessing upon this land, and to give us a fruitful season; that we, constantly receiving thy bounty, may evermore give thanks unto thee in thy holy Church; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Epistle. Joel 2:21-27.

FEAR not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things. Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength. Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain, as before. And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil. And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with YOU: and my people shall never be ashamed. And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

The Gospel. St. Mark 11:22-26.

JESUS saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
144

The Readings
I Kings 8:22-40 & James 4

Rogation Wednesday

Matins
The Psalms Appointed
65

The Readings
Jer 4 & John 6:27-63

Holy Communion

The Collect.

ALMIGHTY God, Lord of heaven and earth: We beseech thee to pour forth thy blessing upon this land, and to give us a fruitful season; that we, constantly receiving thy bounty, may evermore give thanks unto thee in thy holy Church; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Epistle. Micah 6:6-8.

WHEREWITH shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The Gospel. St. Matthew 6:5-8.

WHEN thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of before ye ask him.

Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
24 & 47

The Readings

Hab 3:1-18 & James 5

No comments:

Post a Comment