Monday, January 25, 2016

The Introits, Collects, etc. 4th Week after Epiphany

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany.

1st Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
27 & 29

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
My sins, O Lord, are stuck fast in me like arrows: * but before they can engender wounds, O heal me by the remedies of penitence.

Matins
The Psalms Appointed
75 & 76

The Readings
I Kings 18:1-39 & Mark 1: v 32
  

The Antiphon for the Benedictus
And when Jesus was entered into a ship, behold there arose a great tempest in the sea: * and his disciples came and awoke him, saying, Master, save us, we perish.

Holy Communion

The Introit Psalm 2. Quare fremuerunt gentes?

WHY do the heathen so furiously rage together? * and why do the people imagine a vain thing?
    2 The kings of the earth stand up, and the rulers take counsel together * against the L
ORD, and against his Anointed:
    3 Let us break their bonds asunder, * and cast away their cords from us.
    4 He that dwelleth in heaven shall laugh them to scorn: * the Lord shall have them in derision.
    5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, * and vex them in his sore displeasure:
    6 Yet have I set my King * upon my holy hill of Sion.
7 I will rehearse the decree; * the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
    8 Desire of me, and I shall give thee the nations for thine inheritance, * and the utmost parts of the earth for thy possession.
    9 Thou shalt bruise them with a rod of iron, * and break them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings; * be instructed, ye that are judges of the earth.
    11 Serve the L
ORD in fear, * and rejoice unto him with reverence.
    12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and so ye perish from the right way, if his wrath be kindled, yea but a little. * Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

The Collect.

OGOD, who knowest us to be set in the midst of so many and great dangers, that by reason of the frailty of our nature we cannot always stand upright; Grant to us such strength and protection, as may support us in all dangers, and carry us through all temptations; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Epistle. Rom. xiii. 1.

LET every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God; and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation*. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: for he is tire minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, ne afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not. only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

The Gradual    Ps 98:8-9 

8 Let the sea make a noise, and all that is therein; * the round world, and they that dwell therein.
9 Let the floods clap their hands, and let the hills be joyful together before the Lord; * for he is come to judge the earth.


The Alleluia Ps 98:10

Alleluia! Alleluia! With righteousness shall he judge the world * and the peoples with equity. Alleluia!

The Gospel. St. Matt. viii. 1.

WHEN he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean, And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them. And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, and saying. Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy grievously tormented And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed, For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. And I say unto you, that many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

2nd Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
107

The Readings
Num. 22:1-35 & Matt 23:16-26

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
Jesus arose, and rebuked the winds and the water: * and immediately there was a great calm.

Wednesday after the Fourth Sunday after Epiphany

Holy Communion

The Epistle  Rom xv. 30-33

I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ’s sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me; That I may be delivered from them that do not believe in Judaea; and that my service which I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints; That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed. Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

The Gospel  Mark iii. 1-5


At that time, Jesus entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand. And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him. And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth. And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace. And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment