Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Introits, Collects etc. the 18th Sunday after Trinity and the Week Following

The Eighteenth Sunday after Trinity.

1st Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
105


The Antiphon for the Magnificat
What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David. * Jesus saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand?

Matins
The Psalms Appointed
111 & 112

The Readings
Eceles 12 & Luke 2:41-52

The Antiphon for the Benedictus
Master, which is the great commandment in the law? * Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, Alleluia!

Holy Communion

The Introit Psalm 119 XVIII. Justus es, Domine.

RIGHTEOUS art thou, O LORD; * and true are thy judgments.
    138 The testimonies that thou hast commanded * are exceeding righteous and true.
    139 My zeal hath even consumed me; * because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.
    140 Thy word is tried to the uttermost, * and thy servant loveth it.
    141 I am small and of no reputation; * yet do I not forget thy commandments.
    142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, * and thy law is the truth.
    143 Trouble and heaviness have taken hold upon me; * yet is my delight in thy commandments.
    144 The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: * O grant me understanding, and I shall live.


The Collect.

LORD, we beseech thee, grant thy people grace to withstand the temptations of the world, the flesh, and the devil; and with pure hearts and minds to follow thee, the only God; through Jesus Christ our Lord.Amen.

The Epistle. 
1 Cor. i. 4.

ITHANK my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ: that in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: so that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Gradual  Ps 122:6-9 

6 O PRAY for the peace of Jerusalem: / may they prosper that love thee.
7 Peace be within thy walls, / and plenteousness within thy palaces.
8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, / will wish thee prosperity. 


The Alleluia Ps 122:9 

Alleluia! Alleluia! Yea, because of the house of the LORD our God, * I will seek to do thee good. Alleluia!  

The Gospel. 
St. Matt. xxii. 34.

WHEN the Pharisees had heard that Jesus had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together. Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question. tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call him Lord, how is he his Son? And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

2nd Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
106

The Readings
Exo 34:27-35 & 1 John 2:24-3:2

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David. * Jesus saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand?

Wednesday after the Eighteenth Sunday after Trinity

Holy Communion

The Epistle  Rom. xv. 30-33

I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ’s sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me; That I may be delivered from them that do not believe in Judaea; and that my service which I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints; That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed. Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

The Gospel  Matt. xiii. 31-35

At that time, Jesus spake this parable to his disciples: The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof. Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened. All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment