Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Introits, Collects, etc. 22nd Sunday after Trinity and the Week Following

The Twenty-second Sunday after Trinity.

1st Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
133, 134, 135

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
Thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: * shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellow servant, even as I had pity on thee, Alleluia!

Matins
The Psalms Appointed
123, 124, 125

The Readings
Eccles 44:1-14 & Heb 11:1-12:2

The Antiphon for the Benedictus
And his lord commanded payment to be made: * the servant therefore fell down and Worshiped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

Holy Communion

The Introit Psalm 119 XXII. Appropinquet deprecatio.

LET my complaint come before thee, O LORD; * give me understanding according to thy word.
    170 Let my supplication come before thee; * deliver me according to thy word.
    171 My lips shall speak of thy praise, * when thou hast taught me thy statutes.
    172 Yea, my tongue shall sing of thy word; * for all thy commandments are righteous.
    173 Let thine hand help me; * for I have chosen thy commandments.
    174 I have longed for thy saving health, O L
ORD; * and in thy law is my delight.
    175 O let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; * and thy judgments shall help me.
    176 I have gone astray like a sheep that is lost; * O seek thy servant, for I do not forget thy commandments.


The Collect.

LORD, we beseech thee to keep thy household the Church in continual godliness; that through thy protection it may be free from all adversities, and devoutly given to serve thee in good works, to the glory of thy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord.Amen.

The Epistle. 
Phil. i. 3.

ITHANK my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; that ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

The Gradual  Ps 133:1-3   

BEHOLD, how good and joyful a thing it is / for brethren to dwell together in unity !
2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down unto the beard, / even unto Aaron's beard, and went down to the skirts of his clothing.
3 Like as the dew of Hermon, / which falleth upon the hill of Sion. 


The Alleluia Ps 133:4

Alleluia! Alleluia! For there the Lord promised his blessing, * even life for evermore. Alleluia!  

The Gospel. 
St. Matt. xviii. 21.

PETER said unto Jesus, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. So when his fellowservants saw what was clone, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done. Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

2nd Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
136 & 138

The Readings
Isa 1:10-20 & Luke 5:36-6:10

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
Thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: * shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellow servant, even as I had pity on thee, Alleluia!

Wednesday after the Tweenty-second Sunday after Trinity

The Epistle  Rom. iii. 19-26

Brethren, we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus Christ.

The Gospel  Mark. xi. 23-26

At that time said Jesus to his disciples, Verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.


 If in any year there be twenty-six Sundays after Trinity, the service for the Sixth Sunday after the Epiphany shall be used on the Twenty-third Sunday. If there be twenty-seven, the service for the Sixth Sunday after the Epiphany shall be used on the Twenty-fourth, and the service for the Fifth Sunday after the Epiphany on the Twenty-third. If there be fewer than twenty-five Sundays, the overplus shall be omitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment