Wednesday, February 17, 2016

An Order for Noone

An Order for Noone


Opening Sentence

The Service begins with the following sentence of scripture.

Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour. Acts 3:1

The Opening Prayers
V: O God, make speed to save us.
R: O Lord, make haste to help us.
V: Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost:
R: as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.  Amen.
V: Praise ye the Lord.
R: The Lord's Name be praised.

Except in Lent, add   Alleluia.

The Hymn

Here the office hymn is sung

The Psalms

Three of the following Psalms is sung or said with the appointed antiphon.

XVII. Mirabilia.

THY testimonies are wonderful; * therefore doth my soul keep them.
130 When thy word goeth forth, * it giveth light and understanding unto the simple.
131 I opened my mouth, and drew in my breath; * for my delight was in thy commandments.
132 O look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, * as thou usest to do unto those that love thy Name.
133 Order my steps in thy word; * and so shall no wickedness have dominion over me.
134 O deliver me from the wrongful dealings of men; * and so shall I keep thy commandments.
135 Show the light of thy countenance upon thy servant, * and teach me thy statutes.
136 Mine eyes gush out with water, * because men keep not thy law.

XVIII. Justus es, Domine.

RIGHTEOUS art thou, O LORD; * and true are thy judgments.
138 The testimonies that thou hast commanded * are exceeding righteous and true.
139 My zeal hath even consumed me; * because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.
140 Thy word is tried to the uttermost, * and thy servant loveth it.
141 I am small and of no reputation; * yet do I not forget thy commandments.
142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, * and thy law is the truth.
143 Trouble and heaviness have taken hold upon me; * yet is my delight in thy commandments.
144 The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: * O grant me understanding, and I shall live.

XIX. Clamavi in toto corde meo.

I CALL with my whole heart; * hear me, O LORD; I will keep thy statutes.
146 Yea, even unto thee do I call; * help me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.
147 Early in the morning do I cry unto thee; * for in thy word is my trust.
148 Mine eyes prevent the night watches; * that I might be occupied in thy word.
149 Hear my voice, O LORD, according unto thy lovingkindness; * quicken me, according to thy judgments.
150 They draw nigh that of malice persecute me, * and are far from thy law.
151 Be thou nigh at hand, O LORD; * for all thy commandments are true.
152 As concerning thy testimonies, I have known long since, * that thou hast grounded them for ever.

XX. Vide humilitatem.

O CONSIDER mine adversity, and deliver me, * for I do not forget thy law.
154 Avenge thou my cause, and deliver me; * quicken me according to thy word.
155 Health is far from the ungodly; * for they regard not thy statutes.
156 Great is thy mercy, O LORD; * quicken me, as thou art wont.
157 Many there are that trouble me, and persecute me; * yet do I not swerve from thy testimonies.
158 It grieveth me when I see the transgressors; * because they keep not thy law.
159 Consider, O LORD, how I love thy commandments; * O quicken me, according to thy loving-kindness.
160 Thy word is true from everlasting; * all the judgments of thy righteousness endure for evermore.

XXI. Principes persecuti sunt.

PRINCES have persecuted me without a cause; * but my heart standeth in awe of thy word.
162 I am as glad of thy word, * as one that findeth great spoils.
163 As for lies, I hate and abhor them; * but thy law do I love.
164 Seven times a day do I praise thee; * because of thy righteous judgments.
165 Great is the peace that they have who love thy law; * and they have none occasion of stumbling.
166 LORD, I have looked for thy saving health, * and done after thy commandments.
167 My soul hath kept thy testimonies, * and loved them exceedingly.
168 I have kept thy commandments and testimonies; * for all my ways are before thee.

XXII. Appropinquet deprecatio.

LET my complaint come before thee, O LORD; * give me understanding according to thy word.
170 Let my supplication come before thee; * deliver me according to thy word.
171 My lips shall speak of thy praise, * when thou hast taught me thy statutes.
172 Yea, my tongue shall sing of thy word; * for all thy commandments are righteous.
173 Let thine hand help me; * for I have chosen thy commandments.
174 I have longed for thy saving health, O LORD; * and in thy law is my delight.
175 O let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; * and thy judgments shall help me.
176 I have gone astray like a sheep that is lost; * O seek thy servant, for I do not forget thy commandments.

Psalm 121. Levavi oculos.

I WILL lift up mine eyes unto the hills; * from whence cometh my help?
2 My help cometh even from the LORD, * who hath made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved; * and he that keepeth thee will not sleep.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel * shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD himself is thy keeper; * the LORD is thy defence upon thy right hand;
6 So that the sun shall not burn thee by day, * neither the moon by night.
7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil; * yea, it is even he that shall keep thy soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out, and thy coming in, * from this time forth for evermore.

Psalm 126. In convertendo.

WHEN the LORD turned again the captivity of Sion, then were we like unto them that dream.
2 Then was our mouth filled with laughter, * and our tongue with joy.
3 Then said they among the heathen, * The LORD hath done great things for them.
4 Yea, the LORD hath done great things for us already; * whereof we rejoice.
5 Turn our captivity, O LORD, * as the rivers in the south.
6 They that sow in tears * shall reap in joy.
7 He that now goeth on his way weeping, and beareth forth good seed, * shall doubtless come
again with joy, and bring his sheaves with him.

Then is sung or said

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, * and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, * world without end. Amen.

The Reading

One of the following or some other suitable passage of Scripture, is read.

Sunday
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

Monday
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:26&27

Tuesday
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for  me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 1:3&4

Wednesday
And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.” Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 4:8-11

Thursday
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. James 2:14-17

Friday
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.  James 1:1-4

Saturday
Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.
For
      “ He who would love life
      And see good days,
       Let him refrain his tongue from evil,
      And his lips from speaking deceit.
      Let him turn away from evil and do good;
       Let him seek peace and pursue it.
      For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous,
       And His ears are open to their prayers;
      But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.”
1 Peter 3:8-12


V: The World of the Lord
R: Thanks be to God

The Canticle

Ecce, Deus  Isaiah 12:2‑6

Antiphons
            Ordinary: Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid* for the LORD is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
               Advent: Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things* declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
               Xmas: Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion* for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.
               Lent: Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid* for the Lord’s mercy endurith forever.
               Easter: With joy shall ye draw water* out of the wells of salvation. Alleluia!

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid* for the LORD is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Therefore with joy shall ye draw water* out of the wells of salvation.
And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name,* declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things* this is known in all the earth.
Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion* for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

The Prayers

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.

Officiant and People

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever.  Amen.


Officiant   Lord, hear our prayer;
People       And let our cry come to you.
Officiant   Let us pray.

The Officiant then says one of the following Collects.  If desired, the Collect of the Day may be used.

Heavenly Father, send your Holy Spirit into our hearts, to direct and rule us according to your will, to comfort us in all our afflictions, to defend us from all error, and to lead us into
all truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ, you said to your apostles, “Peace I give to you; my own peace I leave with you:” Regard not our sins, but the faith of your Church, and give to us the peace and
unity of that heavenly City, where with the Father and the Holy Spirit you live and reign, now and for ever.  Amen.

Blessed Savior, at this hour you hung upon the cross, stretching out your loving arms: Grant that all the peoples of the earth may look to you and be saved;  for your tender
mercies’ sake.  Amen.

Free Intercessions may be offered.

The service concludes as follows

Officiant   Let us bless the Lord.

People       Thanks be to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment