Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Introits, Collects, etc. 15th Sunday after Trinity and the Week Following

The Fifteenth Sunday after Trinity.

1st Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
74

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness:* and all these things shall be added unto you, alleluia.

Matins
The Psalms Appointed
96 & 97

The Readings
I Kings 3:5-28 & Matt 10:2-16

The Antiphon for the Benedictus
Be not therefore anxious, saying, What shall we eat? Or What shall we drink? * for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things, Alleluia!

Holy Communion

The Introit Psalm 119 XV. Iniquos odio habui.

I HATE them that imagine evil things; * but thy law do I love.
    114 Thou art my defence and shield; * and my trust is in thy word.
    115 Away from me, ye wicked; * I will keep the commandments of my God.
    116 O stablish me according to thy word, that I may live; * and let me not be disappointed of my hope.
    117 Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe; * yea, my delight shall be ever in thy statutes.
    118 Thou hast trodden down all them that depart from thy statutes; * for they imagine but deceit.
    119 Thou puttest away all the ungodly of the earth like dross; * therefore I love thy testimonies.
    120 My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; * and I am afraid of thy judgments.


The Collect.

KEEP, we beseech thee, O Lord, thy Church with thy perpetual mercy; and, because the frailty of man without thee cannot but fall, keep us ever by thy help from all things hurtful, and lead us to all things profitable to our salvation; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Epistle. Gal. vi. 11.

YE see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand. As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh. But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus. Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

The Gradual   Ps 92:1-3

IT is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, / and to sing praises unto thy Name, O thou Most High;
2 To tell of thy loving-kindness in the morning, / and of thy faithfulness in the night-season;
3 Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the lute, / with a melody upon the harp.


The Alleluia Ps 92:4

Alleluia! Alleluia! For thou, Lord, hast made me glad throught thy works; * and I will rejoice in giving Praise for the operations of they hands. Alleluia!  

The Gospel. St. Matt. vi. 24.

NO man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: and yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? There fore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (for after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

2nd Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
79 & 80

The Readings
I Kings 20:28-43 & Mark 9:33-50

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness:* and all these things shall be added unto you, alleluia.

Wednesday after the Fifteenth Sunday after Trinity

Holy Communion

The Epistle  1 Tim. i. 8-14

Dearly beloved, we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust. And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Gospel  Luke xx. 1-8


At that time it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he taught the people in the temple, and preached the gospel, the chief priests and the scribes came upon him with the elders, And spake unto him, saying, Tell us, by what authority doest thou these things? or who is he that gave thee this authority? And he answered and said unto them, I will also ask you one thing; and answer me: The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say, Why then believed ye him not? But and if we say, Of men; all the people will stone us: for they be persuaded that John was a prophet. And they answered, that they could not tell whence it was. And Jesus said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment