Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Introits, Collects, etc. 14th Sunday after Trinity and the Week Following

The Fourteenth Sunday after Trinity.
1st Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
73

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger: * Go thy way, thy faith hath made thee whole, Alleluia!

Matins
The Psalms Appointed
84 & 85

The Readings
2 Sam 23:5-17 & Matt 26:1-13

The Antiphon for the Benedictus
As Jesus passed through a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: * and they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy upon us.

Holy Communion

The Introit Psalm 119 XIV. Lucerna pedibus meis.

THY word is a lantern unto my feet, * and a light unto my paths.
    106 I have sworn, and am stedfastly purposed, * to keep thy righteous judgments.
    107 I am troubled above measure: * quicken me, O L
ORD, according to thy word.
    108 Let the free-will offerings of my mouth please thee, O L
ORD; * and teach me thy judgments.
    109 My soul is alway in my hand; * yet do I not forget thy law.
    110 The ungodly have laid a snare for me; * but yet I swerved not from thy commandments.
    111 Thy testimonies have I claimed as mine heritage for ever; * and why? they are the very joy of my heart.
    112 I have applied my heart to fulfil thy statutes alway, * even unto the end.


The Collect.

ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, give unto us the increase of faith, hope, and charity; and, that we may obtain that which thou dost promise, make us to love that which thou dost command; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Epistle. Gal. v. 16.

ISAY then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witch-craft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

The Gradual  Ps 95:1-2

O COME, let us sing unto the Lord: / let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation.
2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, / and show ourselves glad in him with psalms. 

The Alleluia Ps 95:3     

Alleluia! Alleluia! For the Lord is a great God, / and a great King above all gods. Alleluia!  

The Gospel. St. Luke xvii. 11.

AND it came to pass, as Jesus went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: and they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way thy faith hath made thee whole.

2nd Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
74

The Readings
II Kings 22:10-37 & Matt 11:2-9

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger: * Go thy way, thy faith hath made thee whole, Alleluia!

Wednesday after the Fourteenth Sunday after Trinity

Holy Communion

The Epistle  2 Cor. vi. 14-18; vii. 1

Brethren,be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

The Gospel  Luke xii. 13-24


At that time, one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me. And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them.

No comments:

Post a Comment