Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Introits, Collects, etc. Corpus Christi, 1st Sunday after Trinity and the Week Following

Ordinary Time:From Trinity to Martinmas

Corpus Christi
The Thursday after Trinity Sunday

Holy Communion

The Introit Psalm 81. Exultate Deo.

SING we merrily unto God our strength; * make a cheerful noise unto the God of Jacob.
2 Take the psalm, bring hither the tabret, * the merry harp with the lute.
3 Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, * even in the time appointed, and upon our solemn feast-day.
4 For this was made a statute for Israel, * and a law of the God of Jacob.
5 This he ordained in Joseph for a testimony, * when he came out of the land of Egypt, and had heard a strange language.
6 I eased his shoulder from the burden, * and his hands were delivered from making the pots.
7 Thou calledst upon me in troubles, and I delivered thee; * and heard thee what time as the storm fell upon thee.
8 I proved thee also * at the waters of strife.
9 Hear, O my people; and I will assure thee, O Israel, * if thou wilt hearken unto me,
10 There shall no strange god be in thee, * neither shalt thou worship any other god.
11 I am the LORD thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt: * open thy mouth wide, and I shall fill it.
12 But my people would not hear my voice; * and Israel would not obey me;
13 So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lusts, * and let them follow their own imaginations.
14 O that my people would have hearkened unto me! * for if Israel had walked in my ways,
15 I should soon have put down their enemies, * and turned my hand against their adversaries.
16 The haters of the LORD should have submitted themselves unto him; * but their time should have endured for ever.
17 I would have fed them also with the finest wheatflour; * and with honey out of the stony rock would I have satisfied thee.


The Collect.

O God, who in a wonderful sacrament hast left us a memory of thy passion, grant us, we beseech thee, so to venerate the sacred mysteries of thy body and blood, that we may ever perceive in ourselves the fruit of thy redemption. All this we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord who liveth and reigneth with Thee and the Holy Ghost one God, world without end. Amen! 
 

The Epistle. 1 Corinthians 11:23-29

For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

The Gradual Ps 145:15-20

    15 The eyes of all wait upon thee, O Lord; * and thou givest them their meat in due season.
    16 Thou openest thine hand, * and fillest all things living with plenteousness.
    17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways, * and holy in all his works.
    18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him; * yea, all such as call upon him faithfully.
    19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him; * he also will hear their cry, and will help them.
    20 The LORD preserveth all them that love him; * but scattereth abroad all the ungodly.

The Alleluia Ps 145:21

    Alleluia! Alleluia! My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD; * and let all flesh give thanks unto his holy Name for ever and ever. Alleluia!

The Gospel. John 6:47-58

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

The First Sunday after Trinity.
1st Evensong
The Psalms Appointed

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
Son, remember that thou in thy life-time receivedst thy good things, * and Lazarus likewise evil things.

Matins
The Psalms Appointed
1 & 5

The Readings
Isa 6:1-8 & Acts 9:1-22

The Antiphon for the Benedictus
Father Abraham, have mercy upon me, * and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue.


Holy Communion

The Introit Psalm 119. I. Beati immaculati.

BLESSED are those that are undefiled in the way, and walk in the law of the LORD.
    2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, * and seek him with their whole heart;
    3 Even they who do no wickedness, * and walk in his ways.
    4 Thou hast charged * that we shall diligently keep thy commandments.
    5 O that my ways were made so direct, * that I might keep thy statutes!
    6 So shall I not be confounded, * while I have respect unto all thy commandments.
    7 I will thank thee with an unfeigned heart, * when I shall have learned the judgments of thy righteousness.
    8 I will keep thy statutes; * O forsake me not utterly.

The Collect.

OGOD, the strength of all those who put their trust in thee; Mercifully accept our prayers; and because, through the weakness of our mortal nature, we can do no good thing without thee, grant us the help of thy grace, that in keeping thy commandments we may please thee, both in will and deed; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Epistle. 1 St. John iv. 7.

BELOVED, let us love one another: for love is of God: and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, be cause that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propi- tiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he bath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

The Gradual Ps 41:1-3

BLESSED is he that considereth the poor and needy; / the Lord shall deliver him in the time of trouble.
2 The Lord preserve him, and keep him alive, that he may be blessed in the land; / and deliver not thou him into the will of his enemies.
3 The Lord comfort him, when he lieth sick upon his bed; / thou makest all his bed in his sickness.

The Alleluia Ps 41:4    

Alleluia, Alleluia.  I said, 'Lord, be merciful unto me; / heal my soul, for I have sinned against thee.'  Aleluial.
The Gospel. St. Luke xvi. 19.

THERE was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: and there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, and desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; and in hell he lift up his eyes. being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, an Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee there fore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: for I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

2nd Evensong
The Psalms Appointed
2, 3, & 4

The Readings
Isa 40:12-31 & Act 17:16-34

The Antiphon for the Magnificat
Son, remember that thou in thy life-time receivedst thy good things, * and Lazarus likewise evil things.

Wednesday after First Sunday after Trinity

Holy Communion

The Epistle  2 Peter i. 16-19
Dearly beloved, we have made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts.

The Gospel  Mat. v. 17-19


At that time, Jesus said to his disciples, Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment