Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Twenty-sixth Day Morning Prayer

The Twenty-sixth Day
Morning Prayer

XIV. Lucerna pedibus meis.
Antiphon: Let me not * be disappointed of my hope.

THY word is a lantern unto my feet, * and a light unto my paths.
106 I have sworn, and am stedfastly purposed, * to keep thy righteous judgments.
107 I am troubled above measure: * quicken me, O LORD, according to thy word.
108 Let the free-will offerings of my mouth please thee, O LORD; * and teach me thy judgments.
109 My soul is alway in my hand; * yet do I not forget thy law.
110 The ungodly have laid a snare for me; * but yet I swerved not from thy commandments.
111 Thy testimonies have I claimed as mine heritage for ever; * and why? they are the very joy of my heart.
112 I have applied my heart to fulfil thy statutes alway, * even unto the end.

XV. Iniquos odio habui.
Antiphon: Let me not * be disappointed of my hope.

I HATE them that imagine evil things; * but thy law do I love.
114 Thou art my defence and shield; * and my trust is in thy word.
115 Away from me, ye wicked; * I will keep the commandments of my God.
116 O stablish me according to thy word, that I may live; * and let me not be disappointed of my hope.
117 Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe; * yea, my delight shall be ever in thy statutes.
118 Thou hast trodden down all them that depart from thy statutes; * for they imagine but deceit.
119 Thou puttest away all the ungodly of the earth like dross; * therefore I love thy testimonies.
120 My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; * and I am afraid of thy judgments.

XVI. Feci judicium.
Antiphon: Let me not * be disappointed of my hope.

I DEAL with the thing that is lawful and right; * O give me not over unto mine oppressors.
122 Make thou thy servant to delight in that which is good, * that the proud do me no wrong.
123 Mine eyes are wasted away with looking for thy health, * and for the word of thy righteousness.
124 O deal with thy servant according unto thy loving mercy, * and teach me thy statutes.
125 I am thy servant; O grant me understanding, * that I may know thy testimonies.
126 It is time for thee, LORD, to lay to thine hand; * for they have destroyed thy law.
127 For I love thy commandments * above gold and precious stones.
128 Therefore hold I straight all thy commandments; * and all false ways I utterly abhor.

XVII. Mirabilia.

Antiphon: Look thou upon me, * O my God and be merciful unto me.

THY testimonies are wonderful; * therefore doth my soul keep them.
130 When thy word goeth forth, * it giveth light and understanding unto the simple.
131 I opened my mouth, and drew in my breath; * for my delight was in thy commandments.
132 O look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, * as thou usest to do unto those that love thy Name.
133 Order my steps in thy word; * and so shall no wickedness have dominion over me.
134 O deliver me from the wrongful dealings of men; * and so shall I keep thy commandments.
135 Show the light of thy countenance upon thy servant, * and teach me thy statutes.
136 Mine eyes gush out with water, * because men keep not thy law.

XVIII. Justus es, Domine.
Antiphon: Look thou upon me, * O my God and be merciful unto me.


RIGHTEOUS art thou, O LORD; * and true are thy judgments.
138 The testimonies that thou hast commanded * are exceeding righteous and true.
139 My zeal hath even consumed me; * because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.
140 Thy word is tried to the uttermost, * and thy servant loveth it.
141 I am small and of no reputation; * yet do I not forget thy commandments.
142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, * and thy law is the truth.
143 Trouble and heaviness have taken hold upon me; * yet is my delight in thy commandments.
144 The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: * O grant me understanding, and I shall live.

No comments:

Post a Comment