Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Twenty-fourth Day Evening Prayer

Evening Prayer

Psalm 119 I. Beati immaculati.

Antiphon: With my lips have I been telling * of all the judgments of thy mouth.
BLESSED are those that are undefiled in the way, and walk in the law of the LORD.
2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, * and seek him with their whole heart;
3 Even they who do no wickedness, * and walk in his ways.
4 Thou hast charged * that we shall diligently keep thy commandments.
5 O that my ways were made so direct, * that I might keep thy statutes!
6 So shall I not be confounded, * while I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7 I will thank thee with an unfeigned heart, * when I shall have learned the judgments of thy righteousness.
8 I will keep thy statutes; * O forsake me not utterly.

II. In quo corrigit?

Antiphon: With my lips have I been telling * of all the judgments of thy mouth.
WHEREWITHAL shall a young man cleanse his way? * even by ruling himself after thy word.
10 With my whole heart have I sought thee; * O let me not go wrong out of thy commandments.
11 Thy word have I hid within my heart, * that I should not sin against thee.
12 Blessed art thou, O LORD; * O teach me thy statutes.
13 With my lips have I been telling * of all the judgments of thy mouth.
14 I have had as great delight in the way of thy testimonies, * as in all manner of riches.
15 I will talk of thy commandments, * and have respect unto thy ways.
16 My delight shall be in thy statutes, * and I will not forget thy word.


III. Retribue servo tuo.

Antiphon: Make me to understand * the way of thy commandments.
O DO well unto thy servant; * that I may live, and keep thy word.
18 Open thou mine eyes; * that I may see the wondrous things of thy law.
19 I am a stranger upon earth; * O hide not thy commandments from me.
20 My soul breaketh out for the very fervent desire * that it hath alway unto thy judgments.
21 Thou hast rebuked the proud; * and cursed are they that do err from thy commandments.
22 O turn from me shame and rebuke; * for I have kept thy testimonies.
23 Princes also did sit and speak against me; * but thy servant is occupied in thy statutes.
24 For thy testimonies are my delight, * and my counsellors.

IV. Adhaesit pavimento.

Antiphon: Make me to understand * the way of thy commandments.
MY soul cleaveth to the dust; * O quicken thou me, according to thy word.
26 I have acknowledged my ways, and thou heardest me: * O teach me thy statutes.
27 Make me to understand the way of thy commandments; * and so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.
28 My soul melteth away for very heaviness; * comfort thou me according unto thy word.
29 Take from me the way of lying, * and cause thou me to make much of thy law.
30 I have chosen the way of truth, * and thy judgments have I laid before me.
31 I have stuck unto thy testimonies; * O LORD, confound me not.
32 I will run the way of thy commandments, * when thou hast set my heart at liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment