Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Thirtieth Day Morning Prayer

The Thirtieth Day
Morning Prayer

Psalm 144. Benedictus Dominus.
Antiphon: Blessed be the LORD * my castle and deliverer

BLESSED be the LORD my strength, * who teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
2 My hope and my fortress, my castle and deliverer, my defender in whom I trust; * who subdueth my people that is under me.
3 LORD, what is man, that thou hast such respect unto him? * or the son of man, that thou so regardest him?
4 Man is like a thing of nought; * his time passeth away like a shadow.
5 Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down; * touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
6 Cast forth thy lightning, and tear them; * shoot out thine arrows, and consume them.
7 Send down thine hand from above; * deliver me, and take me out of the great waters, from the hand of strangers;
8 Whose mouth talketh of vanity, * and their right hand is a right hand of wickedness.
9 I will sing a new song unto thee, O God; * and sing praises unto thee upon a ten-stringed lute.
10 Thou hast given victory unto kings, * and hast delivered David thy servant from the peril of the sword.
11 Save me, and deliver me from the hand of strangers, * whose mouth talketh of vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of iniquity:
12 That our sons may grow up as the young plants, * and that our daughters may be as the polished corners of the temple;
13 That our garners may be full and plenteous with all manner of store; * that our sheep may bring forth thousands, and ten thousands in our fields;
14 That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no decay, * no leading into captivity, and no complaining in our streets.
15 Happy are the people that are in such a case; * yea, blessed are the people who have the LORD for their God.

Psalm 145. Exaltabo te, Deus.
Antiphon: Thy kingdom O Lord * is an everlasting kingdom.

I WILL magnify thee, O God, my King; * and I will praise thy Name for ever and ever.
2 Every day will I give thanks unto thee; * and praise thy Name for ever and ever.
3 Great is the LORD, and marvellous worthy to be praised; * there is no end of his greatness.
4 One generation shall praise thy works unto another, * and declare thy power.
5 As for me, I will be talking of thy worship, * thy glory, thy praise, and wondrous works;
6 So that men shall speak of the might of thy marvelous acts; * and I will also tell of thy greatness.
7 The memorial of thine abundant kindness shall be showed; * and men shall sing of thy righteousness.
8 The LORD is gracious and merciful; * long-suffering, and of great goodness.
9 The LORD is loving unto every man; * and his mercy is over all his works.
10 All thy works praise thee, O LORD; * and thy saints give thanks unto thee.
11 They show the glory of thy kingdom, * and talk of thy power;
12 That thy power, thy glory, and mightiness of thy kingdom, * might be known unto men.
13 Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, * and thy dominion endureth throughout all ages.
14 The LORD upholdeth all such as fall, * and lifteth up all those that are down.
15 The eyes of all wait upon thee, O Lord; * and thou givest them their meat in due season.
16 Thou openest thine hand, * and fillest all things living with plenteousness.
17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways, * and holy in all his works.
18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him; * yea, all such as call upon him faithfully.
19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him; * he also will hear their cry, and will help them.
20 The LORD preserveth all them that love him; * but scattereth abroad all the ungodly.
21 My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD; * and let all flesh give thanks unto his holy Name for ever and ever.

Psalm 146. Lauda, anima mea.
Antiphon: As long as I have any being, * I will sing praises unto my God.

PRAISE the LORD, O my soul: while I live, will I praise the LORD; * yea, as long as I have any being, I will sing praises unto my God.
2 O put not your trust in princes, nor in any child of man; * for there is no help in them.
3 For when the breath of man goeth forth, he shall turn again to his earth, * and then all his thoughts perish.
4 Blessed is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, * and whose hope is in the LORD his God:
5 Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that therein is; * who keepeth his promise for ever;
6 Who helpeth them to right that suffer wrong; * who feedeth the hungry.
7 The LORD looseth men out of prison; * the LORD giveth sight to the blind.
8 The LORD helpeth them that are fallen; * the LORD careth for the righteous.
9 The LORD careth for the strangers; he defendeth the fatherless and widow: * as for the way of the ungodly, he turneth it upside down.

10 The LORD thy God, O Sion, shall be King for evermore, * and throughout all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment