Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Nineteenth Day Evening Prayer

Evening Prayer

Psalm 98. Cantate Domino.
Antiphon: Show yourselves joyful * before the Lord the Kin

O SING unto the LORD a new song; * for he hath done marvellous things.
2 With his own right hand, and with his holy arm, * hath he gotten himself the victory.
3 The LORD declared his salvation; * his righteousness hath he openly showed in the sight of the heathen.
4 He hath remembered his mercy and truth toward the house of Israel; * and all the ends of the world have seen the salvation of our God.
5 Show yourselves joyful unto the LORD, all ye lands; * sing, rejoice, and give thanks.
6 Praise the LORD upon the harp; * sing to the harp with a psalm of thanksgiving.
7 With trumpets also and shawms, * O show yourselves joyful before the LORD, the King.
8 Let the sea make a noise, and all that therein is; * the round world, and they that dwell therein.
9 Let the floods clap their hands, and let the hills be joyful together before the LORD; * for he is come to judge the earth.
10 With righteousness shall he judge the world, * and the peoples with equity.

Psalm 99. Dominus regnavit.
Antiphon: Let us fall down before his footstool; * for he is holy.

THE LORD is King, be the people never so impatient; * he sitteth between the Cherubim, be the earth never so unquiet.
2 The LORD is great in Sion, * and high above all people.
3 They shall give thanks unto thy Name, * which is great, wonderful, and holy.
4 The King’s power loveth judgment; thou hast prepared equity, * thou hast executed judgment and righteousness in Jacob.
5 O magnify the LORD our God, and fall down before his footstool; * for he is holy.
6 Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among such as call upon his Name: * these called upon the LORD, and he heard them.
7 He spake unto them out of the cloudy pillar; * for they kept his testimonies, and the law that he gave them.
8 Thou heardest them, O LORD our God; * thou forgavest them, O God, though thou didst punish their wicked doings.
9 O magnify the LORD our God, and worship him upon his holy hill; * for the LORD our God is holy.

Psalm 100. Jubilate Deo.
Antiphon: Serve the LORD with gladness, and come before his presence with a song.


O BE joyful in the LORD, all ye lands: * serve the LORD with gladness, and come before his presence with a song.
2 Be ye sure that the LORD he is God; it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; * we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
3 O go your way into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise; * be thankful unto him, and speak good of his Name.
4 For the LORD is gracious, his mercy is everlasting; * and his truth endureth from generation to generation.

Psalm 101. Misericordiam et judicium.
Antiphon: O let me have understanding * in the way of godliness!

MY song shall be of mercy and judgment; * unto thee, O LORD, will I sing.
2 O let me have understanding * in the way of godliness!
3 When wilt thou come unto me? * I will walk in my house with a perfect heart.
4 I will take no wicked thing in hand; I hate the sins of unfaithfulness; * there shall no such cleave unto me.
5 A froward heart shall depart from me; * I will not know a wicked person.
6 Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, * him will I destroy.
7 Whoso hath also a haughty look and a proud heart, * I will not suffer him.
8 Mine eyes look upon such as are faithful in the land, * that they may dwell with me.
9 Whoso leadeth a godly life, * he shall be my servant.
10 There shall no deceitful person dwell in my house; * he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.
11 I shall soon destroy all the ungodly that are in the land; * that I may root out all wicked doers from the city of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment