Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Twentieth Day Morning Prayer

The Twentieth Day
Morning Prayer

Psalm 102. Domine, exaudi.
Antiphon: Let my crying*  come unto thee O God.

HEAR my prayer, O LORD, * and let my crying come unto thee.
2 Hide not thy face from me in the time of my trouble; * incline thine ear unto me when I call; O hear me, and that right soon.
3 For my days are consumed away like smoke, * and my bones are burnt up as it were a firebrand.
4 My heart is smitten down, and withered like grass; * so that I forget to eat my bread.
5 For the voice of my groaning, * my bones will scarce cleave to my flesh.
6 I am become like a pelican in the wilderness, * and like an owl that is in the desert.
7 I have watched, and am even as it were a sparrow, * that sitteth alone upon the housetop.
8 Mine enemies revile me all the day long; * and they that are mad upon me are sworn together against me.
9 For I have eaten ashes as it were bread, * and mingled my drink with weeping;
10 And that, because of thine indignation and wrath; * for thou hast taken me up, and cast me down.
11 My days are gone like a shadow, * and I am withered like grass.
12 But thou, O LORD, shalt endure for ever, * and thy remembrance throughout all generations.
13 Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Sion; * for it is time that thou have mercy upon her, yea, the time is come.
14 And why? thy servants think upon her stones, * and it pitieth them to see her in the dust.
15 The nations shall fear thy Name, O LORD; * and all the kings of the earth thy majesty;
16 When the LORD shall build up Sion, * and when his glory shall appear;
17 When he turneth him unto the prayer of the poor destitute, * and despiseth not their desire.
18 This shall be written for those that come after, * and the people which shall be born shall praise the LORD.
19 For he hath looked down from his sanctuary; * out of the heaven did the LORD behold the earth;
20 That he might hear the mournings of such as are in captivity, * and deliver them that are appointed unto death;
21 That they may declare the Name of the LORD in Sion, * and his worship at Jerusalem;
22 When the peoples are gathered together, * and the kingdoms also, to serve the LORD.
23 He brought down my strength in my journey, * and shortened my days.
24 But I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of mine age; * as for thy years, they endure throughout all generations.
25 Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth, * and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: * they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
27 And as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed; * but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
28 The children of thy servants shall continue, * and their seed shall stand fast in thy sight.

Psalm 103. Benedic, anima mea.
Antiphon: Forget not * all his benefits.

PRAISE the LORD, O my soul; * and all that is within me, praise his holy Name.
2 Praise the LORD, O my soul, * and forget not all his benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thy sin, * and healeth all thine infirmities;
4 Who saveth thy life from destruction, * and crowneth thee with mercy and loving-kindness;
5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things, * making thee young and lusty as an eagle.
6 The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment * for all them that are oppressed with wrong.
7 He showed his ways unto Moses, * his works unto the children of Israel.
8 The LORD is full of compassion and mercy, * longsuffering, and of great goodness.
9 He will not alway be chiding; * neither keepeth he his anger for ever.
10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; * nor rewarded us according to our wickednesses.
11 For look how high the heaven is in comparison of the earth; * so great is his mercy also toward them that fear him.
12 Look how wide also the east is from the west; * so far hath he set our sins from us.
13 Yea, like as a father pitieth his own children; * even so is the LORD merciful unto them that fear him.
14 For he knoweth whereof we are made; * he remembereth that we are but dust.
15 The days of man are but as grass; * for he flourisheth as a flower of the field.
16 For as soon as the wind goeth over it, it is gone; * and the place thereof shall know it no more.
17 But the merciful goodness of the LORD endureth for ever and ever upon them that fear him; * and his righteousness upon children's children;
18 Even upon such as keep his covenant, * and think upon his commandments to do them.
19 The LORD hath prepared his seat in heaven, * and his kingdom ruleth over all.
20 O praise the LORD, ye angels of his, ye that excel in strength; * ye that fulfil his commandment, and hearken unto the voice of his word.
21 O praise the LORD, all ye his hosts; * ye servants of his that do his pleasure.

22 O speak good of the LORD, all ye works of his, in all places of his dominion: * praise thou the LORD, O my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment