Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Fifteenth Day Morning Prayer

The Fifteenth Day
Morning Prayer

Psalm 75. Confitebimur tibi.
Antiphon: The horns of the righteous * shall be exalted.


UNTO thee, O God, do we give thanks; * yea, unto thee do we give thanks.
2 Thy Name also is so nigh; * and that do thy wondrous works declare.
3 In the appointed time, saith God, * I shall judge according unto right.
4 The earth is weak, and all the inhabiters thereof: * I bear up the pillars of it.
5 I said unto the fools, Deal not so madly; * and to the ungodly, Set not up your horn.
6 Set not up your horn on high, * and speak not with a stiff neck.
7 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, * nor yet from the south.
8 And why? God is the Judge; * he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
9 For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; * it is full mixt, and he poureth out of the same.
10 As for the dregs thereof, * all the ungodly of the earth shall drink them, and suck them out.
11 But I will talk of the God of Jacob, * and praise him for ever.
12 All the horns of the ungodly also will I break, * and the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.

Psalm 76. Notus in Judæa.
Antiphon: His Name is great * in Israel.

IN Judah is God known; * his Name is great in Israel.
 2 At Salem is his tabernacle, * and his dwelling in Sion.
3 There brake he the arrows of the bow, * the shield, the sword, and the battle.
4 Thou art glorious in might, * when thou comest from the hills of the robbers.
5 The proud are robbed, they have slept their sleep; * and all the men whose hands were mighty have found nothing.
6 At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, * both the chariot and horse are fallen.
7 Thou, even thou art to be feared; * and who may stand in thy sight when thou art angry?
8 Thou didst cause thy judgment to be heard from heaven; * the earth trembled, and was still,
9 When God arose to judgment, * and to help all the meek upon earth.
10 The fierceness of man shall turn to thy praise; * and the fierceness of them shalt thou refrain.
11 Promise unto the LORD your God, and keep it, all ye that are round about him; * bring presents unto him that ought to be feared.
12 He shall refrain the spirit of princes, * and is wonderful among the kings of the earth.

Psalm 77. Voce mea ad Dominum.
Antiphon: Thou art the God * that doest wonders

I WILL cry unto God with my voice; * even unto God will I cry with my voice, and he shall hearken unto me.
2 In the time of my trouble I sought the Lord: * I stretched forth my hands unto him, and ceased not in the night season; my soul refused comfort.
3 When I am in heaviness, I will think upon God; * when my heart is vexed, I will complain.
4 Thou holdest mine eyes waking: * I am so feeble that I cannot speak.
5 I have considered the days of old, * and the years that are past.
6 I call to remembrance my song, * and in the night I commune with mine own heart, and search out my spirit.
7 Will the Lord absent himself for ever? * and will he be no more intreated?
8 Is his mercy clean gone for ever? * and is his promise come utterly to an end for evermore?
9 Hath God forgotten to be gracious? * and will he shut up his loving-kindness in displeasure?
10 And I said, It is mine own infirmity; * but I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most Highest.
11 I will remember the works of the LORD, * and call to mind thy wonders of old time.
12 I will think also of all thy works, * and my talking shall be of thy doings.
13 Thy way, O God, is holy: * who is so great a God as our God?
14 Thou art the God that doest wonders, * and hast declared thy power among the peoples.
15 Thou hast mightily delivered thy people, * even the sons of Jacob and Joseph.
16 The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee, and were afraid; * the depths also were troubled.
17 The clouds poured out water, the air thundered, * and thine arrows went abroad.
18 The voice of thy thunder was heard round about: * the lightnings shone upon the ground; the earth was moved, and shook withal.
19 Thy way is in the sea, and thy paths in the great waters, * and thy footsteps are not known.

20 Thou leddest thy people like sheep, * by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment