Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Twenty-sixth Day Evening Prayer

Evening Prayer

XIX. Clamavi in toto corde meo.
Antiphon: O consider mine adversity, * and deliver me.

I CALL with my whole heart; * hear me, O LORD; I will keep thy statutes.
146 Yea, even unto thee do I call; * help me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.
147 Early in the morning do I cry unto thee; * for in thy word is my trust.
148 Mine eyes prevent the night watches; * that I might be occupied in thy word.
149 Hear my voice, O LORD, according unto thy lovingkindness; * quicken me, according to thy judgments.
150 They draw nigh that of malice persecute me, * and are far from thy law.
151 Be thou nigh at hand, O LORD; * for all thy commandments are true.
152 As concerning thy testimonies, I have known long since, * that thou hast grounded them for ever.

XX. Vide humilitatem.

Antiphon: O consider mine adversity, * and deliver me.

O CONSIDER mine adversity, and deliver me, * for I do not forget thy law.
154 Avenge thou my cause, and deliver me; * quicken me according to thy word.
155 Health is far from the ungodly; * for they regard not thy statutes.
156 Great is thy mercy, O LORD; * quicken me, as thou art wont.
157 Many there are that trouble me, and persecute me; * yet do I not swerve from thy testimonies.
158 It grieveth me when I see the transgressors; * because they keep not thy law.
159 Consider, O LORD, how I love thy commandments; * O quicken me, according to thy loving-kindness.
160 Thy word is true from everlasting; * all the judgments of thy righteousness endure for evermore.

XXI. Principes persecuti sunt.
Antiphon: Seven times a day do I praise thee; * because of thy righteous judgments.

PRINCES have persecuted me without a cause; * but my heart standeth in awe of thy word.
162 I am as glad of thy word, * as one that findeth great spoils.
163 As for lies, I hate and abhor them; * but thy law do I love.
164 Seven times a day do I praise thee; * because of thy righteous judgments.
165 Great is the peace that they have who love thy law; * and they have none occasion of stumbling.
166 LORD, I have looked for thy saving health, * and done after thy commandments.
167 My soul hath kept thy testimonies, * and loved them exceedingly.
168 I have kept thy commandments and testimonies; * for all my ways are before thee.

XXII. Appropinquet deprecatio.
Antiphon: O let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; * and thy judgments shall help me.


LET my complaint come before thee, O LORD; * give me understanding according to thy word.
170 Let my supplication come before thee; * deliver me according to thy word.
171 My lips shall speak of thy praise, * when thou hast taught me thy statutes.
172 Yea, my tongue shall sing of thy word; * for all thy commandments are righteous.
173 Let thine hand help me; * for I have chosen thy commandments.
174 I have longed for thy saving health, O LORD; * and in thy law is my delight.
175 O let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; * and thy judgments shall help me.
176 I have gone astray like a sheep that is lost; * O seek thy servant, for I do not forget thy commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment