Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Twenty-second Day Evening Prayer

Evening Prayer

Psalm 108. Paratum cor meum.
Antiphon: Thy mercy is greater * than the heavens.

O GOD, my heart is ready, my heart is ready; * I will sing, and give praise with the best member that I have.
2 Awake, thou lute and harp; * I myself will awake right early.
3 I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the peoples; * I will sing praises unto thee among the nations.
4 For thy mercy is greater than the heavens, * and thy truth reacheth unto the clouds.
5 Set up thyself, O God, above the heavens, * and thy glory above all the earth;
6 That thy beloved may be delivered: * let thy right hand save them, and hear thou me.
7 God hath spoken in his holiness; * I will rejoice therefore, and divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.
8 Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine; * Ephraim also is the strength of my head; Judah is my lawgiver;
9 Moab is my wash-pot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe; * upon Philistia will I triumph.
10 Who will lead me into the strong city? * and who will bring me into Edom?
11 Hast not thou forsaken us, O God? * and wilt not thou, O God, go forth with our hosts?
12 O help us against the enemy: * for vain is the help of man.
13 Through God we shall do great acts; * and it is he that shall tread down our enemies.

Psalm 109. Deus, laudem.
Antiphon: I will praise thee * O Lord among the multitude

HOLD not thy tongue, O God of my praise; * for the mouth of the ungodly, yea, the mouth of the deceitful is opened upon me.
2 And they have spoken against me with false tongues; * they compassed me about also with words of hatred, and fought against me without a cause.
3 For the love that I had unto them, lo, they take now my contrary part; * but I give myself unto prayer.
4 Thus have they rewarded me evil for good, * and hatred for my good will.
5 Set thou an ungodly man to be ruler over him, * and let an adversary stand at his right hand.
6 When sentence is given upon him, let him be condemned; * and let his prayer be turned into sin.
7 Let his days be few; * and let another take his office.
8 Let his children be fatherless, * and his wife a widow.
9 Let his children be vagabonds, and beg their bread; * let them seek it also out of desolate places.
10 Let the extortioner consume all that he hath; * and let the stranger spoil his labour.
11 Let there be no man to pity him, * nor to have compassion upon his fatherless children.
12 Let his posterity be destroyed; * and in the next generation let his name be clean put out.
13 Let the wickedness of his fathers be had in remembrance in the sight of the LORD; * and let not the sin of his mother be done away.
14 Let them alway be before the LORD, * that he may root out the memorial of them from off the earth;
15 And that, because his mind was not to do good; * but persecuted the poor helpless man, that he might slay him that was vexed at the heart.
16 His delight was in cursing, and it shall happen unto him; * he loved not blessing, therefore shall it be far from him.
17 He clothed himself with cursing like as with a raiment, * and it shall come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.
18 Let it be unto him as the cloak that he hath upon him, * and as the girdle that he is alway girded withal.
19 Let it thus happen from the LORD unto mine enemies, * and to those that speak evil against my soul.
20 But deal thou with me, O LORD God, according unto thy Name; * for sweet is thy mercy.
21 O deliver me, for I am helpless and poor, *and my heart is wounded within me.
22 I go hence like the shadow that departeth, * and am driven away as the grasshopper.
23 My knees are weak through fasting; * my flesh is dried up for want of fatness.
24 I am become also a reproach unto them: * they that look upon me shake their heads.
25 Help me, O LORD my God; * O save me according to thy mercy;
26 And they shall know how that this is thy hand, * and that thou, LORD, hast done it.
27 Though they curse, yet bless thou; * and let them be confounded that rise up against me; but let thy servant rejoice.
28 Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame; * and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a cloak.
29 As for me, I will give great thanks unto the LORD with my mouth, * and praise him among the multitude;
30 For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, * to save his soul from unrighteous judges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment