Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Twenty-ninth Day Evening Prayer

Evening Prayer

Psalm 141. Domine, clamavi.
Antiphon: Lord, I call upon thee; * haste thee unto me.

LORD, I call upon thee; haste thee unto me, * and consider my voice, when I cry unto thee.
2 Let my prayer be set forth in thy sight as the incense; * and let the lifting up of my hands be an evening sacrifice.
3 Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth, * and keep the door of my lips.
4 O let not mine heart be inclined to any evil thing; * let me not be occupied in ungodly works with the men that work wickedness, neither let me eat of such things as please them.
5 Let the righteous rather smite me friendly, and reprove me; * yea, let not my head refuse their precious balms.
6 As for the ungodly, * I will pray yet against their wickedness.
7 Let theirjudges be overthrown in stony places, * that they may hear my words; for they are sweet.
8 Our bones lie scattered before the pit, * like as when one breaketh and heweth wood upon the earth.
9 But mine eyes look unto thee, O LORD God; * in thee is my trust; O cast not out my soul.
10 Keep me from the snare that they have laid for me, * and from the traps of the wicked doers.
11 Let the ungodly fall into their own nets together, * and let me ever escape them.

Psalm 142. Voce mea ad Dominum.
Antiphon: O Lord let my portion be * in the land of the living.

I CRIED unto the LORD with my voice; * yea, even unto the LORD did I make my supplication.
2 I poured out my complaints before him, * and showed him of my trouble.
3 When my spirit was in heaviness, thou knewest my path; * in the way wherein I walked, have they privily laid a snare for me.
4 I looked also upon my right hand, * and saw there was no man that would know me.
5 I had no place to flee unto, * and no man cared for my soul.
6 I cried unto thee, O LORD, and said, * Thou art my hope, and my portion in the land of the living.
7 Consider my complaint; * for I am brought very low.
8 O deliver me from my persecutors; * for they are too strong for me.
9 Bring my soul out of prison, that I may give thanks unto thy Name; * which thing if thou wilt grant me, then shall the righteous resort unto my company.

Psalm 143. Domine, exaudi.
Antiphon: For the truth’s sake * consider my desire.

HEAR my prayer, O LORD, and consider my desire; * hearkenunto me for thy truth and righteousness' sake.
2 And enter not into judgment with thy servant; * for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.
3 For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; * he hath laid me in the darkness, as the men that have been long dead.
4 Therefore is my spirit vexed within me, * and my heart within me is desolate.
5 Yet do I remember the time past; I muse upon all thy works; * yea, I exercise myself in the works of thy hands.
6 I stretch forth my hands unto thee; * my soul gaspeth unto thee as a thirsty land.
7 Hear me, O LORD, and that soon; for my spirit waxeth faint: * hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
8 O let me hear thy loving-kindness betimes in the morning; for in thee is my trust: * show thou me the way that I should walk in; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
9 Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies; * for I flee unto thee to hide me.
10 Teach me to do the thing that pleaseth thee; for thou art my God: * let thy loving Spirit lead me forth into the land of righteousness.
11 Quicken me, O LORD, for thy Name's sake; * and for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.
12 And of thy goodness slay mine enemies, * and destroy all them that vex my soul; for I am thy servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment