Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Twenty-fourth Day Morning Prayer

The Twenty-fourth Day
Morning Prayer

Psalm 116. Dilexi, quoniam.

Antiphon: The Lord hath inclined * his ear unto me

MY delight is in the LORD; * because he hath heard the voice of my prayer;
2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me; * therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
3 The snares of death compassed me round about, * and the pains of hell gat hold upon me.
4 I found trouble and heaviness; then called I upon the Name of the LORD; * O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; * yea, our God is merciful.
6 The LORD preserveth the simple: * I was in misery, and he helped me.
7 Turn again then unto thy rest, O my soul; * for the LORD hath rewarded thee.
8 And why? thou hast delivered my soul from death, * mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
9 I will walk before the LORD * in the land of the living.
10 I believed, and therefore will I speak; but I was sore troubled: * I said in my haste, All men are liars.
11 What reward shall I give unto the LORD * for all the benefits that he hath done unto me?
12 I will receive the cup of salvation, * and call upon the Name of the LORD.
13 I will pay my vows now in the presence of all his people: * right dear in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
14 Behold, O LORD, how that I am thy servant; * I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid; thou hast broken my bonds in sunder.
15 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, * and will call upon the Name of the LORD.
16 I will pay my vows unto the LORD, in the sight of all his people, * in the courts of the LORD’S house; even in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise the LORD.

Psalm 117. Laudate Dominum.

Antiphon: O PRAISE the LORD, * all ye nations

O PRAISE the LORD, all ye nations; * praise him, all ye peoples.
2 For his merciful kindness is ever more and more toward us; * and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise the LORD.

Psalm 118. Confitemini Domino.

Antiphon: Thou art my God, and I will thank thee; * thou art my God, and I will praise thee.

O GIVE thanks unto the LORD, for he is gracious; * because his mercy endureth for ever.
2 Let Israel now confess that he is gracious, * and that his mercy endureth for ever.
3 Let the house of Aaron now confess, * that his mercy endureth for ever.
4 Yea, let them now that fear the LORD confess, * that his mercy endureth for ever.
5 I called upon the LORD in trouble; * and the LORD heard me at large.
6 The LORD is on my side; * I will not fear what man doeth unto me.
7 The LORD taketh my part with them that help me; * therefore shall I see my desire upon mine enemies.
8 It is better to trust in the LORD, * than to put any confidence in man.
9 It is better to trust in the LORD, * than to put any confidence in princes.
10 All nations compassed me round about; * but in the Name of the LORD will I destroy them.
11 They kept me in on every side, they kept me in, I say, on every side; * but in the Name of the LORD will I destroy them.
12 They came about me like bees, and are extinct even as the fire among the thorns; * for in the Name of the LORD I will destroy them.
13 Thou hast thrust sore at me, that I might fall; * but the LORD was my help.
14 The LORD is my strength, and my song; * and is become my salvation.
15 The voice of joy and health is in the dwellings of the righteous; * the right hand of the LORD bringeth mighty things to pass.
16 The right hand of the LORD hath the pre-eminence; * the right hand of the LORD bringeth mighty things to pass.
17 I shall not die, but live, * and declare the works of the LORD.
18 The LORD hath chastened and corrected me; * but he hath not given me over unto death.
19 Open me the gates of righteousness, * that I may go into them, and give thanks unto the LORD.
20 This is the gate of the LORD, * the righteous shall enter into it.
21 I will thank thee; for thou hast heard me, * and art become my salvation.
22 The same stone which the builders refused, * is become the head-stone in the corner.
23 This is the LORD’S doing, * and it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; * we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Help me now, O LORD: * O LORD, send us now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the Name of the LORD: * we have wished you good luck, we that are of the house of the LORD.
27 God is the LORD, who hath showed us light: * bind the sacrifice with cords, yea, even unto the horns of the altar.
28 Thou art my God, and I will thank thee; * thou art my God, and I will praise thee.

29 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is gracious, * and his mercy endureth for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment