Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Twenty-fifth Day Morning Prayer

The Twenty-fifth Day
Morning Prayer

Psalm 119   V. Legem pone.
Antiphon: I will walk at liberty; * for I seek thy commandments.
TEACH me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes, * and I shall keep it unto the end.
34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; * yea, I shall keep it with my whole heart.
35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; * for therein is my desire.
36 Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, * and not to covetousness.
37 O turn away mine eyes, lest they behold vanity; * and quicken thou me in thy way.
38 O stablish thy word in thy servant, * that I may fear thee.
39 Take away the rebuke that I am afraid of; * for thy judgments are good.
40 Behold, my delight is in thy commandments; * O quicken me in thy righteousness.


VI. Et veniat super me.
Antiphon: I will walk at liberty; * for I seek thy commandments.
LET thy loving mercy come also unto me, O LORD, * even thy salvation, according unto thy word.
42 So shall I make answer unto my blasphemers; * for my trust is in thy word.
43 O take not the word of thy truth utterly out of my mouth; * for my hope is in thy judgments.
44 So shall I alway keep thy law; * yea, for ever and ever.
45 And I will walk at liberty; * for I seek thy commandments.
46 I will speak of thy testimonies also, even before kings, * and will not be ashamed.
47 And my delight shall be in thy commandments, * which I have loved.
48 My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; * and my study shall be in thy statutes.

VII. Memor esto verbi tui.
Antiphon: Thou art good and gracious; * O teach me thy statutes.

O THINK upon thy servant, as concerning thy word, * wherein thou hast caused me to put my trust.
50 The same is my comfort in my trouble; * for thy word hath quickened me.
51 The proud have had me exceedingly in derision; * yet have I not shrinked from thy law.
52 For I remembered thine everlasting judgments, O LORD, * and received comfort.
53 I am horribly afraid, * for the ungodly that forsake thy law.
54 Thy statutes have been my songs, * in the house of my pilgrimage.
55 I have thought upon thy Name, O LORD, in the night season, * and have kept thy law.
56 This I had, * because I kept thy commandments.


VIII. Portio mea, Domine.
Antiphon: Thou art good and gracious; * O teach me thy statutes.

THOU art my portion, O LORD; * I have promised to keep thy law.
58 I made my humble petition in thy presence with my whole heart; * O be merciful unto me, according to thy word.
59 I called mine own ways to remembrance, * and turned my feet unto thy testimonies.
60 I made haste, and prolonged not the time, * to keep thy commandments.
61 The snares of the ungodly have compassed me about; * but I have not forgotten thy law.
62 At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee, * because of thy righteous judgments.
63 I am a companion of all them that fear thee, * and keep thy commandments.
64 The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: * O teach me thy statutes.

IX. Bonitatem fecisti.
Antiphon: Thou art good and gracious; * O teach me thy statutes.


O LORD, thou hast dealt graciously with thy servant, * according unto thy word.
66 O teach me true understanding and knowledge; * for I have believed thy commandments.
67 Before I was troubled, I went wrong; * but now have I kept thy word.
68 Thou art good and gracious; * O teach me thy statutes.
69 The proud have imagined a lie against me; * but I will keep thy commandments with my whole heart.
70 Their heart is as fat as brawn; * but my delight hath been in thy law.
71 It is good for me that I have been in trouble; * that I may learn thy statutes.
72 The law of thy mouth is dearer unto me * than thousands of gold and silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment