Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Twenty-seventh Day Morning Prayer

The Twenty-seventh Day
Morning Prayer

Psalm 120. Ad Dominum.
Antiphon: Deliver my soul, * O LORD my God.

WHEN I was in trouble, I called upon the LORD, * and he heard me.
2 Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, * and from a deceitful tongue.
3 What reward shall be given or done unto thee, thou false tongue? * even mighty and sharp arrows, with hot
burning coals.
4 Woe is me, that I am constrained to dwell with Meshech, * and to have my habitation among the tents of Kedar!
5 My soul hath long dwelt among them * that are enemies unto peace.
6 I labour for peace; but when I speak unto them thereof, * they make them ready to battle.

Psalm 121. Levavi oculos.
Antiphon: My help cometh * even from the LORD

I WILL lift up mine eyes unto the hills; * from whence cometh my help?
2 My help cometh even from the LORD, * who hath made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved; * and he that keepeth thee will not sleep.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel * shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD himself is thy keeper; * the LORD is thy defence upon thy right hand;
6 So that the sun shall not burn thee by day, * neither the moon by night.
7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil; * yea, it is even he that shall keep thy soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out, and thy coming in, * from this time forth for evermore.

Psalm 122. Laetatus sum.
Antiphon: We will go right gladly * into the house of the LORD.

I WAS glad when they said unto me, * We will go into the house of the LORD.
2 Our feet shall stand in thy gates, * O Jerusalem.
3 Jerusalem is built as a city * that is at unity in itself.
4 For thither the tribes go up, even the tribes of the LORD, * to testify unto Israel, to give thanks unto the Name of the LORD.
5 For there is the seat of judgment, * even the seat of the house of David.
6 O pray for the peace of Jerusalem; * they shall prosper that love thee.
7 Peace be within thy walls, * and plenteousness within thy palaces.
8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, * I will wish thee prosperity.
9 Yea, because of the house of the LORD our God, * I will seek to do thee good.

Psalm 123. Ad te levavi oculos meos.
Antiphon: O thou that dwellest in the heavens have mercy upon us.

UNTO thee lift I up mine eyes, * O thou that dwellest in the heavens.
2 Behold, even as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress, * even so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until he have mercy upon us.
3 Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us; * for we are utterly despised.
4 Our soul is filled with the scornful reproof of the wealthy, * and with the despitefulness of the proud.

Psalm 124. Nisi quia Dominus.
Antiphon: Our help standeth * in the Name of the LORD

IF the LORD himself had not been on our side, now may Israel say; * if the LORD himself had not been on our side, when men rose up against us;
2 They had swallowed us up alive; * when they were so wrathfully displeased at us.
3 Yea, the waters had drowned us, * and the stream had gone over our soul.
4 The deep waters of the proud * had gone even over our soul.
5 But praised be the LORD, * who hath not given us over for a prey unto their teeth.
6 Our soul is escaped even as a bird out of the snare of the fowler; * the snare is broken, and we are delivered.
7 Our help standeth in the Name of the LORD, * who hath made heaven and earth.

Psalm 125. Qui confidunt.
Antiphon: Do well, O LORD, * unto those that are good and true of heart.

THEY that put their trust in the LORD shall be even as the mount Sion, * which may not be removed, but standeth fast for ever.
2 The hills stand about Jerusalem; * even so standeth the LORD round about his people, from this time forth for evermore.
3 For the sceptre of the ungodly shall not abide upon the lot of the righteous; * lest the righteous put their hand unto wickedness.
4 Do well, O LORD, * unto those that are good and true of heart.

5 As for such as turn back unto their own wickedness, * the LORD shall lead them forth with the evil doers; but peace shall be upon Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment