Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Tenth Day Morning Prayer

The Tenth Day
Morning Prayer

Psalm 50. Deus deorum.
Antiphon: THE LORD, * even the Most High God, hath spoken

THE LORD, even the Most Mighty God, hath spoken, * and called the world, from the rising up of the sun unto the going down thereof.
2 Out of Sion hath God appeared * in perfect beauty.
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence; * there shall go before him a consuming fire, and a mighty tempest shall be stirred up round about him.
4 He shall call the heaven from above, * and the earth, that he may judge his people.
5 Gather my saints together unto me; * those that have made a covenant with me with sacrifice.
6 And the heavens shall declare his righteousness; * for God is Judge himself.
7 Hear, O my people, and I will speak; * I myself will testify against thee, O Israel; for I am God, even thy God.
8 I will not reprove thee because of thy sacrifices; * as for thy burnt-offerings, they are alway before me.
9 I will take no bullock out of thine house, * nor hegoats out of thy folds.
10 For all the beasts of the forest are mine, * and so are the cattle upon a thousand hills.
11 I know all the fowls upon the mountains, * and the wild beasts of the field are in my sight.
12 If I be hungry, I will not tell thee; * for the whole world is mine, and all that is therein.
13 Thinkest thou that I will eat bulls' flesh, * and drink the blood of goats?
14 Offer unto God thanksgiving, * and pay thy vows unto the Most Highest.
15 And call upon me in the time of trouble; * so will I hear thee, and thou shalt praise me.
16 But unto the ungodly saith God, * Why dost thou preach my laws, and takest my covenant in thy mouth;
17 Whereas thou hatest to be reformed, * and hast cast my words behind thee?
18 When thou sawest a thief, thou consentedst unto him; * and hast been partaker with the adulterers.
19 Thou hast let thy mouth speak wickedness, * and with thy tongue thou hast set forth deceit.
20 Thou sattest and spakest against thy brother; * yea, and hast slandered thine own mother's son.
21 These things hast thou done, and I held my tongue, and thou thoughtest wickedly, that I am even such a one as thyself; * but I will reprove thee, and set before thee the things that thou hast done.
22 O consider this, ye that forget God, * lest I pluck you away, and there be none to deliver you.
23 Whoso offereth me thanks and praise, he honoureth me; * and to him that ordereth his way aright, will I show the salvation of God.

Psalm 51. Miserere mei, Deus.
Antiphon: Against thee only have I sinned, * have mercy upon me.

HAVE mercy upon me, O God, after thy great goodness; * according to the multitude of thy mercies do away mine offences.
2 Wash me throughly from my wickedness, * and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my faults, * and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against thee only have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight; * that thou mightest be justified in thy saying, and clear when thou shalt judge.
5 Behold, I was shapen in wickedness, * and in sin hath my mother conceived me.
6 But lo, thou requirest truth in the inward parts, * and shalt make me to understand wisdom secretly.
7 Thou shalt purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; * thou shalt wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Thou shalt make me hear of joy and gladness, * that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9 Turn thy face from my sins, * and put out all my misdeeds.
10 Make me a clean heart, O God, * and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence, * and take not thy holy Spirit from me.
12 O give me the comfort of thy help again, * and stablish me with thy free Spirit.
13 Then shall I teach thy ways unto the wicked, * and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14 Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, thou that art the God of my health; * and my tongue shall sing of thy righteousness.
15 Thou shalt open my lips, O Lord, * and my mouth shall show thy praise.
16 For thou desirest no sacrifice, else would I give it thee; * but thou delightest not in burnt-offerings.
17 The sacrifice of God is a troubled spirit: * a broken and contrite heart, O God, shalt thou not despise.
18 O be favourable and gracious unto Sion; * build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifice of righteousness, with the burnt-offerings and oblations; * then shall they offer young bullocks upon thine altar.

Psalm 52. Quid gloriaris?
Antiphon: The goodness of God * endureth yet daily.

WHY boastest thou thyself, thou tyrant, * that thou canst do mischief;
2 Whereas the goodness of God * endureth yet daily?
3 Thy tongue imagineth wickedness, * and with lies thou cuttest like a sharp razor.
4 Thou hast loved unrighteousness more than goodness, * and falsehood more than righteousness.
5 Thou hast loved to speak all words that may do hurt, * O thou false tongue.
6 Therefore shall God destroy thee for ever; * he shall take thee, and pluck thee out of thy dwelling, and root thee out of the land of the living.
7 The righteous also shall see this, and fear, * and shall laugh him to scorn:
8 Lo, this is the man that took not God for his strength; * buttrusted unto the multitude of his riches, and streng-thened himself in his wickedness.
9 As for me, I am like a green olive-tree in the house of God; * my trust is in the tender mercy of God for ever and ever.

10 I will alway give thanks unto thee for that thou hast done; * and I will hope in thy Name, for thy saints like it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment