Monday, September 19, 2016

Sunday December 6 Noon Prayer

Diurns

The Angelus Domini may be said here

The Angelus Domini

V. The Angel of the Lord declared unto Mary.
R. And she conceived by the Holy Ghost.

Hail Mary Full of Grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Amen.

V. Behold the handmaid of the Lord.
R. Be it done unto me according to Thy word.

Hail Mary Full of Grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Amen.

V. And the Word was made Flesh.
R. And dwelt amongst us.

Hail Mary Full of Grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Amen.

V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray: Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts, that we, to whom the Incarnation of Christ Thy Son was made known by the message of an Angel, may by His Passion and Cross be brought to the glory of His Resurrection. Through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.

Opening Sentence
The Service begins with the following sentence of scripture.

On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour. Acts 10:9

Opening Prayers
V: O God, make speed to save us.
R: O Lord, make haste to help us.
V: Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost:
R: as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.  Amen.
V: Praise ye the Lord.
R: The Lord's Name be praised.

Except in Lent, add   Alleluia.

The Hymn
Here the office hymn is sung

Hymn 46 O GOD of truth, O Lord of might - Rector potens verax Deus - Neale
O GOD of truth, O Lord of might,
Who orderest time and change aright,
and sendest the early morning ray,
and lightest the glow of perfect day.

Extinguish Thou each sinful fire,
and banish every ill desire:
and while Thou keepest the body whole
shed forth Thy peace upon the soul.

Almighty Father, hear our cry
through Jesus Christ, Our Lord most High
Who, with the Holy Ghost and Thee,
doth live and reign eternally. Amen.

The Psalms
Three of the following Psalms is sung or said with the appointed antiphon.

Antiphon: Bless ye the Lord, all ye his Elect: * keep days of joy, and give glory unto him.
XI. Defecit anima mea.

MY soul hath longed for thy salvation, * and I have a good hope because of thy word.
82 Mine eyes-long sore for thy word; * saying, O when wilt thou comfort me?
83 For I am become like a bottle in the smoke; * yet do I not forget thy statutes.
84 How many are the days of thy servant? * when wilt thou be avenged of them that persecute me?
85 The proud have digged pits for me, * which are not after thy law.
86 All thy commandments are true: * they persecute me falsely; O be thou my help.
87 They had almost made an end of me upon earth; * but I forsook not thy commandments.
88 O quicken me after thy loving-kindness; * and so shall I keep the testimonies of thy mouth.

XII. In aeternum, Domine.

O LORD, thy word * endureth for ever in heaven. go Thy truth also remaineth from one generation to another; * thou hast laid the foundation of the earth, and it abideth.
91 They continue this day according to thine ordinance; * for all things serve thee.
92 If my delight had not been in thy law, * I should have perished in my trouble.
93 I will never forget thy commandments; * for with them thou hast quickened me.
94 I am thine: O save me, * for I have sought thy commandments.
95 The ungodly laid wait for me, to destroy me; * but I will consider thy testimonies.
96 I see that all things come to an end; * but thy commandment is exceeding broad.

XIII. Quomodo dilexi!

LORD, what love have I unto thy law! * all the day long is my study in it.
98 Thou, through thy commandments, hast made me wiser than mine enemies; * for they are ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than my teachers; * for thy testimonies are my study.
100 I am wiser than the aged; * because I keep thy commandments.
101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, * that I may keep thy word.
102 I have not shrunk from thy judgments; * for thou teachest me.
103 O how sweet are thy words unto my throat; * yea, sweeter than honey unto my mouth!
104 Through thy commandments I get understanding: * therefore I hate all evil ways.

GLORY be to the Father, and to the Son, * and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, * world without end. Amen.

Antiphon: Bless ye the Lord, all ye his Elect: * keep days of joy, and give glory unto him.

The Reading

Queen Esther also, fearing the danger that was at hand, had recourse to the Lord. And when she had laid away her royal apparel, she put on garments suitable for weeping and mourning: instead of divers precious ointments, she covered her head with ashes and dung, and she humbled her body with fasts: and all the places in which before she was accustomed to rejoice, she filled with her torn hair. And she prayed to the Lord the God of Israel, saying: O my Lord, who alone art our king, help me a desolate woman, and who have no other helper but thee. My danger is in my hands. I have heard of my father that thou, O Lord, didst take Israel from among all nations, and our fathers from all their predecessors, to possess them as an everlasting inheritance, and thou hast done to them as thou hast promised. We have sinned in thy sight, and therefore thou hast delivered us into the hands of our enemies: For we have worshipped their gods. Thou art just, O Lord. And now they are not content to oppress us with most hard bondage, but attributing the strength of their hands to the power of their idols, They design to change thy promises, and destroy thy inheritance, and shut the mouths of them that praise thee, and extinguish the glory of thy temple and altar, 10 That they may open the mouths of Gentiles, and praise the strength of idols, and magnify for ever a carnal king. 11 Give not, O Lord, thy sceptre to them that are not, lest they laugh at our ruin: but turn their counsel upon themselves, and destroy him that hath begun to rage against us. 12 Remember, O Lord, and shew thyself to us in the time of our tribulation, and give me boldness, O Lord, king of gods, and of all power: 13 Give me a well ordered speech in my mouth in the presence of the lion, and turn his heart to the hatred of our enemy, that both he himself may perish, and the rest that consent to him. 14 But deliver us by thy hand, and help me, who have no other helper, but thee, O Lord, who hast the knowledge of all things. 15 And thou knowest that I hate the glory of the wicked, and abhor the bed of the uncircumcised, and of every stranger. 16 Thou knowest my necessity, that I abominate the sign of my pride and glory, which is upon my head in the days of my public appearance, and detest it as a menstruous rag, and wear it not in the days of my silence, 17 And that I have not eaten at Aman's table, nor hath the king's banquet pleased me, and that I have not drunk the wine of the drink offerings: 18 And that thy handmaid hath never rejoiced, since I was brought hither unto this day, but in thee, O Lord, the God of Abraham. 19 O God, who art mighty above all, hear the voice of them, that have no other hope, and deliver us from the hand of the wicked, and deliver me from my fear. Add Esther 14

V: The World of the Lord
R: Thanks be to God

The Canticle
Benedictus es Domine

Ant: Blessed art thou Lord God of our fathers, * praised and exalted above all for ever.

BLESSED art thou, O Lord God of our fathers; * praised and exalted above all for ever.
Blessed art thou for the Name of thy Majesty; * praised and exalted above all for ever.
Blessed art thou in the temple of thy holiness; * Praised and exalted above all for ever.
Blessed art thou that beholdest the depths, and dwellest between the Cherubim: * praised and exalted above all for ever.
Blessed art thou on the glorious throne of thy Kingdom: * praised and exalted above all for ever.
Blessed art thou in the firmament of heaven: * praised and exalted above all for ever.

GLORY be to the Father, and to the Son, * and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, * world without end. Amen.

The Prayers

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.

Officiant and People

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever.  Amen.


Officiant   Lord, hear our prayer;
People       And let our cry come to you.
Officiant   Let us pray.

Collects

O GOD, our refuge and strength, who art the author of all godliness; Be ready, we beseech thee, to hear the devout prayers of thy Church; and grant that those things which we ask faithfully we may obtain effectually; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Heavenly Father, send thy Holy Spirit into our hearts, to direct and rule us according to thy will, to comfort us in all our afflictions, to defend us from all error, and to lead us into all truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

Almighty Savior, whom at noonday called thy servant Saint Paul to be an apostle unto the Gentiles: We pray thee to illumine the world with the radiance of thy glory, that all nations may come and worship thee; who you lives and reigns unto the ages of ages.  Amen.

Intercessions may be offered

For Our Country.
ALMIGHTY God, who hast given us this good land for our heritage; We humbly beseech thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of thy favour and glad to do thy will. Bless our land with honourable industry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion; from pride and arrogancy, and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people the multitudes brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues. Endue with the spirit of wisdom those to whom in thy Name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that, through obedience to thy law, we may show forth thy praise among the nations of the earth. In the time of prosperity, fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in thee to fail; all which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

For the Church.
O GRACIOUS Father, we humbly beseech thee for thy holy Catholic Church; that thou wouldst be pleased to fill it with all truth, in all peace. Where it is corrupt, purify it; where it is in error, direct it; where in anything it is amiss, reform it. Where it is right, establish it; where it is in want, provide for it; where it is divided, reunite it; for the sake of him who died and rose again, and ever liveth to make intercession for us, Jesus Christ, thy Son, our Lord. Amen.

For Missions.
O GOD, who hast made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on the face of the whole earth, and didst send thy blessed Son to preach peace to them that are far off and to them that are nigh; Grant that all men everywhere may seek after thee and find thee. Bring the nations into thy fold, pour out thy Spirit upon all flesh, and hasten thy kingdom; through the same thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

For the Increase of the Ministry.
O ALMIGHTY God, look mercifully upon the world which thou hast redeemed by the blood of thy dear Son, and incline the hearts of many to dedicate themselves to the sacred ministry of thy Church; through the same thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The service concludes as follows
Officiant   Let us bless the Lord.

People       Thanks be to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment